Victoria Building Arches part of the University of Liverpool.
The Victoria Building of the University of Liverpool, is on the corner of Brownlow Hill and Ashton Street, Liverpool. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building. It was designed by Alfred Waterhouse and completed in 1892. It was the first purpose-built building for what was to become the University of Liverpool, with accommodation for administration, teaching, common rooms and a library. The building was the inspiration for the term "red brick university" which was coined by Professor Edgar Allison Peers. In 2008 it was converted into the Victoria Gallery & Museum.
City of Liverpool, ENGLAND