St Luke's Church is a former Anglican parish church, which is now a ruin. It stands on the corner of Berry Street and Leece Street, looking down the length of Bold Street. The church was built between 1811 and 1832 and was designed by John Foster, senior and John Foster, junior, father, and son who were successive surveyors for the municipal Corporation of Liverpool. In addition to being a parish church, it was also intended to be used as a venue for ceremonial worship by the Corporation, and as a concert hall. It was badly damaged during the Liverpool Blitz in 1941.
City of Liverpool, ENGLAND